Moody requires all on-campus students to have health insurance at all times, including during break periods. You will be automatically billed for the Individual Plan premium unless a waiver is submitted and approved. A $20 Insurance Handling Fee is assessed to all students regardless of waiver status. Fall waivers will carry over and automatically applied towards Spring term.
Alternate Insurance Coverage
If you have alternative coverage under the plan of a parent or spouse, you may waive the Moody insurance. This plan must be comparable in coverage to the Moody Insurance Plan. Waiver forms are located here. The waiver must include a photo of the front and back of your current insurance card, unless you are living off-campus. The insurance premium will only be removed from your school bill after your waiver has been approved by Wellfleet. The deadline to submit a waiver is August 25.
For current insurance rates, please see the Chicago Undergraduate Tuition and Fees.
If you will be using Moody's health insurance plan, please officially accept it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to expedite your move-in experience during orientation.
All international students (with F-1 Visa status) are required to enroll in the MBI health insurance plan for themselves and their spouse/child(ren) if applicable, that live with them.
Advantages of using the Moody Plan
- Plan deductibles are low; the Individual Plan deductible is $150 per policy year.
- Moody Health Services is an in-network provider and visit charges are not subject to deductibles.
- Prescription drug benefits are better than most other individual insurance plans.
- Very competitively priced against comparable plans in the insurance marketplace (Individual Plan is approximately $170/month).
- For more information, please visit: